For day-trippers coming from Toronto, quaint Niagara-on-the-Lake makes an appealing complement to bright lights and crowds of nearby Niagara Falls. Stop at Ravine Vineyards Estate to browse the wine boutique, linger over lunch at the on-site restaurant, take a guided tour of the family farm, or take part in tastings at the Georgian-era Woodruff House. For a more in-depth exploration of Niagara’s wine scene, join a sommelier-led tour of the region. Tours typically stop at multiple wineries for tastings.
Things to know before you go
- Ravine Vineyard Estate offers dog-friendly tours of the farm, which include tastings as well as a treat for furry visitors.
- If you plan on dining at the restaurant, book a table in advance as it fills quickly, especially in summer.
- There is ramped access to the restaurant, but the tasting room is wheelchair-accessible only with assistance.
How to get there
Ravine Vineyard Estate Winery is in St. Davids in Ontario, Canada. The winery is about 6 miles (10 kilometers) from Niagara Falls. Driving from Niagara Falls takes about 15 minutes.
When to get there
The winery is open daily, with extended opening hours at weekends. The summer months—and especially summer weekends—are busy. Go early midweek to avoid the biggest crowds.
Niagara Wine Country
The Niagara Peninsula is one of four major wine-producing regions in Ontario. Classic grape varietals, such as chardonnay, riesling, and cabernet franc thrive here, thanks to the moderate—by Canadian standards—temperatures. Niagara is also a leading producer of ice wine, a sweet wine made by harvesting frozen grapes. There are more than 60 wineries in the region, meaning there is a lot for wine lovers to discover.
- Things to do in Ontario
- Things to do in Niagara Falls
- Things to do in Buffalo
- Things to do in Toronto
- Things to do in Pittsburgh
- Things to do in Philadelphia
- Things to do in New York City
- Things to do in Washington DC
- Things to do in Brooklyn
- Things to do in Montreal
- Things to do in Long Island
- Things to do in Boston
- Things to do in Salem
- Things to do in New York
- Things to do in Pennsylvania
- Brock's Monument
- Niagara Parks Butterfly Conservatory
- Whirlpool Aero Car
- Outlet Collection at Niagara
- White Water Walk
- PondView Estate Winery
- Reif Estate Winery
- Nightmares Fear Factory
- Greg Frewin Theatre
- Louis Tussaud's Waxworks
- Niagara SkyWheel
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! Niagara Falls
- Clifton Hill
- Fallsview Indoor Waterpark
- Two Days in Niagara Falls
- Hornblower Niagara Cruises
- Niagara Falls in Summer
- How to Spend 2 Days on the Canadian Side of Niagara Falls
- How to Spend 3 Days at Niagara Falls
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Canadian Side of Niagara Falls
- Niagara Falls After Dark: Light Shows and Fireworks
- Things to Do at Niagara Falls This Summer
- Hornblower Niagara Cruises