Things to Do on Oahu This Winter
Winter is peak season on Oahu, when the island lures visitors who want to celebrate the holidays island-style and avoid the cold temperatures elsewhere in the US. This is also prime surfing season, when the waves get huge and surfers try their luck. Here are our picks for the best ways to experience Oahu in winter.
- Board an open-air, hop-on hop-off bus or trolley to discover Honolulu and Waikiki attractions at your own pace.
- Try to spot migrating humpback whales off the coast on a whale-watching excursion.
- Watch massive waves roll in—and brave surfers tackle them—on the North Shore.
- Commemorate the anniversary of the infamous December 7 attack at Pearl Harbor.
- Go horseback riding at Kualoa Ranch.
- Take a romantic catamaran dinner cruise, and watch a spectacular fireworks display from the deck.
- Soar over beaches, valleys, and waterfalls on an open-door helicopter ride.
- Experience a traditional Hawaiian luau at the Polynesian Cultural Center.