Local Experiences in Washington DC
America’s capital city is dotted with memorials, museums, and majestic monuments paying tribute to our nation’s past. It’s also a modern city of hip neighborhoods, a buzzing nightlife, and a palpable sense of power. Here are some ways to experience Washington DC like a local.
Hop aboard a boat for a lunch cruise along the Potomac River, passing DC landmarks, such as the Washington Monument, Woodrow Wilson Bridge, and Admiral’s Row, along the way.
Pedal along the scenic Mount Vernon Trail from Old Town Alexandria to historic Mount Vernon on a self-guided bike tour.
Take your taste buds on a food tour through Little Ethiopia, home of the largest Ethiopian community outside Ethiopia.
Learn about DC’s vibrant African-American community and culture, including easy-to-miss street art and unmarked historic homes, during a walking tour of U Street.
Rent a kayak and take in the sights and sounds of the Capitol Riverfront from the Anacostia River.
Satisfy your sweet tooth on a pastry tour through Eastern Market in historic Capitol Hill, stomping grounds of historic figures and modern-day politicians.
7 Tours and Activities
- Washington DC Neighborhood Guide
- How to Experience Cherry Blossom Season in Washington DC
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities in Washington DC
- Washington DC Museum Guide
- Food Lover’s Guide to Washington DC
- How to Get Around in Washington DC
- Sightseeing on a Budget in Washington DC
- Local Experiences in Washington DC