Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day trip to Girona and Figueres from Barcelona
- Stroll around Girona’s medieval Old Town and well-preserved Jewish Quarter on a guided tour
- Explore Figueres’ Dalí Theatre-Museum, home to a vast collection of Dalí paintings, sculptures and other works
- Enjoy free time in Girona for lunch (own expense) and to explore Figueres independently
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Along the way, hear how Girona reached its zenith in medieval days, and how its wealth was directed into the construction of many extravagant Romanesque and Gothic buildings.
After a scenic drive, arrive in the charming Old Town and set off to explore with your guide. Meander down cobbled streets and weave your way into the atmospheric Jewish Quarter. Take in the picturesque houses and squares, and learn how this quaint area was home to one Catalonia’s most prosperous Jewish enclaves during the Middle Ages.
Admire the Baroque façade of Girona Cathedral, and stop to take snaps of Girona’s best-known view — the panoramas over the colorfully-painted houses huddled along the Onyar.
After free time to have lunch (own expense) at any of Girona’s enticing restaurants, hop back inside your coach and travel on to Figueres, where the iconic Spanish surrealist, Salvador Dalí, was born in 1904.
Hear about Dalí's life from your guide, including how the daring artist turned the town’s then-ruined Municipal Theater into the Dalí Theatre-Museum. Opened in 1994, the museum houses the world’s single largest collection of his works, including paintings, sculptures and other curiosities.
Marvel at the fanciful exterior with its crowning glory of sculptured eggs, and then go inside to explore the collection. See highlights such as the three-dimensional room set that resembles Mae West’s face, and gain fascinating insight into Dali’s artistic journey as you roam the galleries and adjoining Dalí Jewels exhibition.
Afterward, enjoy some free time to explore Figueres town independently. Your tour then finishes back at the start point in Barcelona.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Please note this is a walking tour on arrival at the site. Wear appropriate attire.
- Failure to show up at the established check-in time may entail losing the tour.
- The duration of the tour includes the round trip to the destination.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Julia Travel S.L
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "It does take all day but its a beautiful stretch of scenery, so enjoy the ride!" See review
- "Don't forget to try xuixo(they're pronounced shushu) from the little bakery shop at the start of the stone bridge!Next stop was Fiqueres where the museum of Dali was not your everyday museum.Visit the jewlery collectino too(it's included in the price)." See review
- "The city of Girona is a very beautiful medieval city, it is totally worth it." See review