- Admire the powerful Sanctuary Waterfall, formed by the Urubuí River
- Visit an ecological reserve to see Iracema Waterfall and go for a swim
- Enjoy a Brazilian lunch at a restaurant in the small town of Presidente Figueiredo
- Learn about the native wildlife and plants from your knowledgeable guide
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
Stop first at Sanctuary Waterfall, just a short ways outside the town. Walk among the dense plant life and mossy stones to see the forceful waterfall that is part of the Urubui River. Explore on foot, enjoy the picturesque scenery and look for native plant and animal life with direction and information from your guide.
Board your vehicle and travel to Presidente Figueiredo proper for a traditional Brazilian lunch at a local restaurant.
When lunch is over, travel a short distance to Iracema Waterfall, located in a local ecological reserve. Take a dip in the shallow pool at the foot of the waterfall and walk through the pristine protected forest that surrounds the falls.
When your full day of exploring Terra de Cachoeiras is finished, enjoy transportation back to your accommodation in Manaus.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Suggestion of what to bring: shoes, raincoat, light clothes, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, insect repellent, money for drinks or souvenirs, clothes and bath towel.
- In periods of drought in Rio Negro (Black River) - usually from June through November - the waterfalls have lower intensity. Tourists are returning to their hotels around 4pm.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Programming is subject to change according to the weather conditions.
- Do not move away from the group
- Do not exceed safety limits at waterfalls
- The access to the mentioned waterfalls has a walk of approximately 20 minutes with steep descents over suspended trail and stairs. We will be walking within a circuit of the Amazon rainforest. Level of Difficulty: Medium / Adventure
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Note that tour durations might vary depending on hotel of stay.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Brazil
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms