- 3-hour introductory scuba diving lesson on Maui
- Learn the basics on shore before entering the water
- Dive in shallow water just off Maui's coastline
- Spot green sea turtles and other marine life on the coral reef
- Enjoy one-on-one attention from a certified dive instructor in a small group of four
- Perfect for first-timers or those wanting a refresher!
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Dive operator's office in central Lahaina Address: 94 Kupuohi St #A1 Lahaina Hawaii 96761 Dates: Daily
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your introductory Maui scuba dive begins at the dive shop in Lahaina, where you’ll receive a 45-minute class on basic skills and safety. You’ll learn the proper way to don your mask and how to breathe through a regulator, as well as how to control your buoyancy and safely swim underwater.
From there, you’ll journey out to a nearby beach to comfortably wade in the water, where your professional instructor will be right by your side to talk you through all the steps. While the dive site can change due to ocean conditions, popular spots for this intro dive include Black Rock, Canoe Beach, and Kapalua Bay. At each of these spots, even though the depth will never exceed a maximum of 35 feet (10.7 meters), there’s still a wealth of a colorful marine life and the chance to go diving with turtles.
Once you’re comfortably blowing bubbles underwater, follow your guide on a tour of the reef at the speed and pace that you choose, stopping to practice any techniques or skills where you feel you need work. Since the group is kept small there’s minimal pressure, and the entire dive is specifically catered around your safety, enjoyment and comfort.
At the end of the dive, if you decide you’d like to continue with scuba and work towards your certification, not only will this Maui introductory scuba dive count towards your certification, but you’ll also be registered with PADI at no additional cost.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- FLYING WITHIN 18 HOURS AFTER A SCUBA DIVE IS NOT PERMITTED
- Minimum age is 12 years
- A maximum of 4 people per booking
- MEDICAL WAIVER MUST BE COMPLETED 24 TO 48 HOURS PRIOR TO DIVE
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- FLYING IS NOT PERMITTED ON SAME DAY AFTER DIVING
- Basic swimming skills are needed for this excursion
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- WAIVER IS HERE https://extendedhorizons.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/newMedical-Waiver.pdf.pdf
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 4 travelers
- OPERATED BY Extended Horizons Scuba
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Maui Scuba Diving Introductory Lesson from Lahaina.