Explore our promoted experiences
Departure & Return
Your guide will meet you at the hotel entrance at 08:50 and will be wearing a SNOW MONKEY RESORTS tour tag. Please note, this is group tour, not a private tour and your guide will not have time to search for you / call your room. Please be at the entrance early so that the tour can depart on-time.
Your guide will meet you outside the Tourist Information Center at 09:05 and will be wearing a SNOW MONKEY RESORTS tour tag. Please be at the meetup point early so that the tour can depart on-time.
Your guide will meet you at the stations' South Entrance/Exit at 09:30 and will be wearing a SNOW MONKEY RESORTS tour tag. Your guide will not have time to search for you. Please be at the meetup point early so that the tour can depart on-time.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- This tour includes a reasonable amount of walking including to and from the monkey park along a 1.6km (1 mile), unsealed forest trail. Please sure your footwear is approriate and you are dressed accordingly for the season.
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible and may not be suitable for mobility-impaired travels. Should you have any concerns about your ability to join the tour, please contact us to discuss prior to booking.
- Guests are required to follow the Snow Monkey Park rules at all times. Guests are not permitted to touch, hold, feed or bathe with the monkeys at any time.
- There are no barriers separating the monkeys from visitors to the park. Please ensure you keep a minimum distance of 1 to 2 meters between yourself and the monkeys. Your guide will explain the rules prior to entering the park.
- From mid-December until early-April the trail and park are likely to be affected by snow and ice. Please ensure that you are wearing suitable shoes/boots and warm clothing. If required, rental boots are available close to the monkey park and crampons (metal spikes that attach underneath your shoes/boots) can also be purchased. From mid-December until early-March please wear suitable clothing for temperatures potentially below 0°C (and as low as -10°C).
- During the winter it is common to see the monkeys enjoying the hot spring however from spring up to autumn there will be times where the monkeys play or eat in the water, however please note that the monkeys are wild animals and there is no guarantee that there will be monkeys in the bath.
- There are a few days in the year that the monkeys might not come down to the park, arrive late or leave early. While this is unlikely, it is possible and outside of our control.
- This tour includes lunch at Enza Cafe. On rare occasions it may not be possible to use this restaurant in which case we would switch to another, comparable location. Please note that the restaurant may change their menu from time-to-time and the tour lunch may different to images shown on this page.
- This tour is scheduled to conclude at Nozawa Onsen by 18:00. However, due to weather and road conditions in winter we cannot guarantee the end time.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 44 travelers
- OPERATED BY Machinovate Japan Ltd.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff