Explore our promoted experiences
- Walking tavern tour in Philadelphia’s historic district
- Learn little-known facts about the holiday season
- Featuring trivia and drinking games with prizes
- Beverages and snacks are included
Departure & Return
201 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19106. On the corner of Chestnut and Second Streets in Olde City Philadelphia.
Colonial era restaurant and tavern serving traditional seasonal selections.
What To Expect
Explore Philly’s historic district with stories of pirates and privateers, bordellos and beer. From Krampus, the dark companion of St. Nicholas, to Christmas caroling and medieval holiday toasts, hear the origins of holiday celebrations over seasonal beverages, snacks, and giveaways, while mingling with friends old and new.
Hear the startling history of Yule, plus Viking lore and Saturnalia — the ancient Roman festival of Saturn in December, a predecessor of Christmas — all of which have worked their way into modern-day, Christian celebrations.
Each stop along the way includes a beverage and/or food samples, plus drink specials, and trivia/drinking games, with an opportunity to win free beer.
It's a spectacular and unorthodox holiday night on the town, with ample time to socialize between stops.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 21 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Arrive as early as you like before the event to enjoy a pre-game beverage or appetizer
- Event includes historic narration of Christmas traditions, 2-3 tavern admissions, giveaways, and ample opportunity to socialize with friends old and new this holiday season
- Adult Content and Language
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- OPERATED BY Grim Philly Twilight Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands