- Self-drive speed boat tour on San Diego Harbor
- Navigate and captain your own speed boat
- Get close to US Navy ships, the Coronado Bridge and a submarine and more
- Learn from your knowledgeable guide how to handle your speed boat and hear fun facts about the sights
Departure & Return
Cabrillo Isle Marina - Check in at the office located in suite 205
What To Expect
Start off with a safety briefing taught by your professional guide, followed by a lesson on hand signals and boating rules. You’ll navigate and your own F13 speed boat for the entirety of the tour, following the lead of your guide who sets the pace in a different boat. Your boat is equipped with a two-way communication systems that allows you to hear your guide throughout the tour. If you want to change drivers you may do so at any of the brief stops.
Set out on your roughly 13-mile (20-km) spin around San Diego Harbor, which includes several stops for photo ops and a closer look at points of interest throughout the harbor. Enjoy close views from your vantage point on the water of US Navy ships and aircraft carriers such as the USS Midway, home to a museum that offers insights into the history of this famous vessel. Zip over to see the famous vessel the Star of India, one of several historic ships berthed at the San Diego Maritime Museum. You'll also pass the Coronado Bridge, Seaport Village, the cruise ship terminal, and have excellent views of the downtown skyline and possibly the sea lions that live in these waters.
Choose from four departure times in the morning and afternoon for your tour of San Diego Harbor. You can also opt to depart from Coronado Island.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for people with neck or back problems or a recent surgery to participate. Pregnant women should not participate
- Bring a swimsuit in the summer and a jacket in the winter, sandals or flip-flops, towel, sun block, sunglasses
- The per boat weight limit of 450 lbs (205kgs)
- You must be 18 years or older to drive a boat by yourself
- The boats do not have a storage compartment
- No experience or boating license required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Speed Boat Adventures, Inc.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff